Tuesday, April 27, 2010

If I knew 2 years before the fall what would I do?....



Well lucky us! We don't know if its 2 years or 200 years but we do know that we have not fallen yet.

Ferfal pointed out his top things and he has hindsight we should listen:
1. Food!
2. Truck 4x4
3. Fuel
4. Generator
5. TV, DVD, and other home entertainment
6. Books
7. Guns and Ammo

And on Survivalblog.com James H. pointed out just from the tornado's in Mississippi this weekend...
1. No one is getting into town right after a disaster
2. Have a big chainsaw and make sure there are no trees in your yard
3. Have a four-wheeler and a 15 foot trailer to haul out pieces of debris from your home/yard
4. Have a siphon and a generator
5. Know how to turn off your gas in your home because live wires and natural gas don't mix
6. Know beforehand that the authorities are not there to help you but to maintain order and the power company is not going to cut down that tree that is now in your dining room.
Brick homes fare better than stick ones
7. Anticipate that neighbors are going to freak out and run around like chickens with their heads cut off and try to do silly things like get in their cars and drive over debris in the road and get stuck and pop their tires.
8. Have gloves and chains in your truck and keep a full tank of gas at all times. Some people ran out of gas in the traffic.
9. Realize that tensions are going to be high and seeing weird things like one group of people having a barbecue and getting drunk and across the street one family was sitting on the lawn waiting for help is a recipe for a bad situation. I saw a kid in the road trying to flag us down and there were some guys leaning up against a house a bit out of sight. We just drove around him. I couldn't believe that it was already getting strange and the tornado was only a few hours earlier.

Let me take Ferfals list and see how well I score:
Ferfal pointed out his top things and he has hindsight we should listen:
1. Food!
Our family has some but there is still room for more.
2. Truck 4x4
I score 100% on this and I own the title.
3. Fuel
This is the first time I have thought about this. It is also a good economic choice. I could take the gas trailer to the station when prices are lower if that ever happens again.
4. Generator
Once again I have several generators but I do need a 3 fuel generator.
5. TV, DVD, and other home entertainment
We have lots of entertainment.
6. Books
We have many books
7. Guns and Ammo
Never enough I am still missing some vital components in this area. It seems like security is the biggest issue in Argentina right now. This area will have to be improved.

Some other items that Ferfal pointed out were: LED Headlamps (I have always thought these were dorky but I have seen the light!), Solar-Dynamo power generator, rechargeable batteries, Camp stove multi fuel, Extra OTC medicine (I am always running out of this stuff on a regular basis anyhow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment