Monday, May 24, 2010

Rolling with the punches

In the Marine Corps there is a saying "improvise, adapt and overcome".  This applies to so many things in life and makes you a much more happy person.  This weekend was my 12th wedding anniversary.  My wife and I had some nice plans that included driving over four hours to see a show.  The show was canceled but we had not been informed, as you can imagine there were dozens of people there, we were about two hours early to the box office, who were very angry, and I am talking screaming at the poor box office employees who had done nothing to cancel the show and get paid almost nothing to sit there and be assaulted by angry patrons.

My wife and I went to the beach and had a fantastic time looking at the huge navy ships and did some nice shopping.  We also found a very nice restaurant to have a wonderful dinner.  We were disappointed and I think my wife will start becoming pretty angry at the correct people today if we do not yet have a refund.  But all in all it was a fantastic trip and I got to spend more than 8 hours alone with my best friend in the whole world.

What I am trying to say is life is what happens when you are making other plans.  Starting over is an adventure and I for one love an adventure.  The websters definition of adventure is

ad·ven·ture (ad-ven-chur)
noun.
1. Being cold wet and exhausted normally in an extreme amount of pain.

Ok that is my definition, but cold wet and exhausted can be a ton of fun.  You have to roll with the punches and those who make the best of a situation are the ones who come out of the situation with the least amount of scars.  Learning to deal with the little issues like your show being canceled helps when it comes to the big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment