Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Generator stuff

My son and I ran the 5.5 kw generator this weekend. It started on the second pull and ran for about 3 hours on a half a gallon of gas. To be fair my load was just an electric fan. My wife the princes did not really like me running the fan since it was cold but my daughter the Queen stole the heater and I dare not go into her room.

The younger of my sisters (I have two and they are both older than me) asked what is paracord good for. So I sent her this list I found on some site.

Uses for 550 Paracord
Because individual strands of 550 paracord can be easily removed and combined into your own configurations, this small rope can be put to a wide variety of survival uses. As a general purpose utility cord 550 can be used for:

Ridgelines for Tarps
Securing Equipment
Shoelaces
Hanging Food from Bears
Vehicle Tie Downs
Sewing Fabric
Repairing Equipment
Making a Fire Bow
Fishing Line
Paracord String for a Bow
Making a Shelter
Fish Gill Nets
Fishing Line
Animal Snares
Clothes Lines
Paracord Lanyards
Anchor Line
Binding
Twine
Animal Restraints
Tooth Floss
Splints
Tourniquet
Paracord Braiding
Other Paracord Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment