Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cooking over fire and a Long drive

(not my spit)

This memorial day we cooked over fire.  My wife got me a meat spit for cooking over fire for fathers day.  This Monday was the first day we tried it out.  The polish sausage went very well.  The tenderloin was not cooked after two sets of coals so we finished it in the broiler for 20 min.  To roast a multi pound chunk of meat would take several hours or a hotter fire.  More fuel than I expected.

In a couple weeks I will be making a long drive, I am planning on doing it in one shot.  Although I may break it in two depending on further planning.  I thought this would be a great opportunity to plan for a trip across the country after the zombie appoc.  So I will be planning my real and imaginary gear for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment